The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I will set you up on a portal with your criteria. You will be able to view the pictures and details of the home. You’ll be able to “favorite” ❤️, “possibility” 💛 or ‘”discard” 🗑 homes. This spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable. As you favorite ❤️ homes, I’ll be notified immediately. This helps us connect and schedule a showing when it is convenient for both of us.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property comes on the market, we can set it up to notify you daily or immediately.
I may also recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice.
As your real estate agent, I’m committed to getting you into the right home, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.